If corporate leaders find cultivating executive presence challenging, what more engineers. It may be uncomfortable for this group because their expertise is on the technical side. The ability to inspire and influence others is not a priority.
When I facilitated a lunch and learn session on Executive Presence for IT experts, I knew that empowering the ‘technical’ people is possible. After all, Executive Presence is relevant to anyone regardless of the profession or industry.
On March 4 to 8, 2019, I had the opportunity to do that. I presented a 2-day and 3-day Executive Presence Masterclass for Poweredge Solutions Phils. Inc. Batch 1 participants were all male, comprising the service engineers, warehousemen, and messengers.
Batch 2 includes the MANCOM, Sales and Marketing Team, HR and the admin.
Poweredge provides Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS), Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor (TVSS), Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR), and Industrial Batteries to their clients. Poweredge partners with companies in various industries such as medical, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), networking, manufacturing, industrial, voice and data communications, banking and finance, and government institutions.
The company is currently adhering to the “Poweredge 2.0 Program”. They want to improve their image as well as their employees. The Executive Presence Masterclass will help boost employee confidence and unleash their potential.
Poweredge wishes to:
- Improve employees’ punctuality
- Comply with company rules and protocol
- Improve communication skills to address conflicts
- Address behavior and character issues
- Focus on teamwork
- Improve company dynamics
The company has its own training room which was conducive for extensive training. They also had a lounge for the breakout sessions and a pantry for the Formal Dining Etiquette exercise. I was so happy with the good food they served during the long training days.
At the end of the training program, the participants were able to:
- define their purpose and find meaning in life through a process of self-discovery
- create their personal vision and align it with the company’s vision
- take full responsibility for one’s future and be proactive in self-development
- create an image that establishes them as an expert
- dress appropriately by adhering to Power Dressing Principles
- build strong relationships through effective communication
- build self-confidence
- apply and practice the skill of Executive Presence daily